Scrape from the skin on the scabies mite
Indications for analysis
- a red rash over the surface of the skin;
- itching, more often at night;
- the presence of vesicles (red bubbles with a clear liquid);
- the presence of small subcutaneous entrances and exits;
- registration in kindergarten/school/swimming pool;
- determining the presence of a tick for treatment.
How to prepare a child for analysis?
There is no special preparation for scraping. For a week, you should abandon the use of decorative cosmetics and ointments, which can affect the results of the study. A day before the analysis, it is not recommended to carry out thorough cleaning and scrubbing of the affected areas of the skin. The procedure is absolutely painless and does not harm the child's health. Using a sterile surgical scalpel, the laboratory technician scrapes off particles of the affected skin, grasping at the same time the tops of the entrances and papules. After that, the laboratory assistant places the mite on the laboratory glass and determines its presence.